Re: Plants The sixth sense

  • Subject: Re: Plants The sixth sense
  • From: Iza & Carol Goroff <goroff@idcnet.com>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 16:19:19 -0600 (CST)

There is more than one way to discourage predators, or more generally to ensure a species survival. Perhaps after the species gained its separate identity it evolved that defense while other species evolved their own defenses and reproductive strategies. Each defense has its own costs, both in terms of energy and diversion of other resources from other possible defenses and reproduction increases. The species' environment and the selection it brings helps decide which strategies are optimal.

Iza Goroff