Re: pruning Anthuriums

  • Subject: Re: pruning Anthuriums
  • From: Krzysztof Kozminski <kk@kozminski.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:32:44 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Julius Boos wrote:

> I`d say yes, BUT---I`d cut off only about 1/2 or 3/4 off each of the topmost
> leaves, say 4-6 of them, or as many as you can leave on and still pack the
> plant, so that when re-potted the plant will have SOME green leaf-tissue
> (the basal portions of the leaves you left on)  to help it in it`s recovery.
> Root trim the plant also.

Why trim the roots?  I can see how trimming the top helps a plant that
lost some roots in transplanting (less evaporation preserves whatever
water can be taken up by the remaining roots), but why would root trimming
be of any help to a plant that lost its top is not clear to me...

Curiously,

KK
"Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking"

Krzysztof Kozminski
kk@kozminski.com
http://www.kozminski.com/