If you want an Amorphophallus.........

  • Subject: If you want an Amorphophallus.........
  • From: "Hetterscheid, Wilbert" <w.hetterscheid@ppo.dlo.nl>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:21:36 -0600 (CST)

Peoples,

The Amorphophallus Research Collection is largely dormant now and we've
counted the surplus material. The variety is o.k. this year, I suppose and
as usual numbers are sometimes limited, sometimes plenty. I will try to
distribute the tubers over as many orders as possible. I hope nobody stays
unrewarded but I cannot ensure that.

The policy rules are as always, please find them below. I stress that
sending in your postal address with your wishlist is important.

Alan Galloway has volunteered to distribute all US shipments from his home,
so we will send everything packaged and all to Alan, he stamps them and puts
them in the mail. This way we save phytosanitary inspection costs. Thanks
Alan! This also minimizes the risk of smaller shipments getting crushed by
US mail subtlety.......

BE careful NOT to answer by reply-key, or the moderators of this list will
go NUTS! Reply directly to: hetter@worldonline.nl. (see also instructions
below).

Cheerio,
Wilbert
____________

A few policy remarks
etc.

- the list contains plant names, often followed by clone numbers. If you
want a particular clone of a species (because you already had another one
from an earlier distribution and want to play with the naughty bits to get
seed.....), please mention the clone number with the species name. If you
want a clone, any clone, don't indicate a number.

- the tubers will be sent with phytosanitary certificates.

- the tubers will be sent with the clone numbers, whether you requested a
particular clone or not. PLEASE, try to keep the clone number with your
plant on a label. There may come a time, when all of our collection freezes
over and I may have to ask your help to build it up again......(your WORST
nightmare, I know!).

- my paying policy hasn't changed, so here it is again. I am not asking
particular amounts of money for species, so rarity etc. doesn't matter. What
I ask you to pay, is what you yourself think the ordered plants are worth
for you, and please, DO include your own financial state-of-affairs in your
considerations. If you don't have much to spend, then don't. I'm happy that
you get these freaky plants.  If you have plants to swap in return, that's
fine, I'll be waiting for the offer.......

- do NOT pay before you get your plants. Then decide if everything is o.k.
Subtract from the estimated amount the plants that were DOA (and please,
mention this to me).

- paying: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, NO cheques or anything like it (incl.
money orders or what not). I only accept cash in an envelope. I know, this
is not the most secure way, but the hassle I have with cashing cheques is
beyond your imagination. It also costs a damn lot of money to do it. As if
banks didn't have enough money. So, don't even consider to do it or ask me,
the answer is "no"!, ONLY cash. I'll take the risk.

My postal address:

Wilbert Hetterscheid
Chrysantenstraat 28
1214 BM Hilversum
Netherlands

- direct all orders and related electronic correspondence to:
hetter@worldonline.nl

- PLEASE include your postal address in your ordering email. This has often
been forgotten in the past and that is a horror for the admin people. No
address, no plants.

- the CLOSING CEREMONY for this distribution is set on FRIDAY 22
February!!!!
ANY order coming in later, will only be rewarded with
left-overs, if there are any at all. (Hell, even I don't know what
constitutes a "left-over" in Amorphophallus............).

- I assume that the shipping will start some two or three weeks after the
closing date. Please indicate if your climate is a danger to the plants in
that period. I don't think we can avoid sending them but maybe you have an
alternative address. If not, don't order. We cannot keep the plants here for
too long because they will wake up and deteriorate.

- print out or keep this entire message because I am not going to repeat
things in individual messages.

- when you order by using the reply key, please "cut the crap", meaning, cut
out all my statements above and stick to the list, your postal adress and
what you have to say yourself. Thanks.

So, folks, here's the list. Hope you find something to your liking:

Am. dunnii (formerly known as A. odoratus) H.AM.001, H.AM.798

Am. lewallei, H.AM.021

Am. taurostigma, H.AM.027

Am. salmoneus, H.AM.036

Am. ankarana, H.AM.048

Am. variabilis, H.AM.065, H.AM.1034

Am. abyssinicus, H.AM.074

Am. haematospadix, H.AM.114

Am. palawanensis, H.AM.124, H.AM.1005

Am. yunnanensis, H.AM.157

Am. excentricus, H.AM.184, H.AM.867

Am. smithsonianus, H.AM.216

Am. napalensis, H.AM.227

Am. yuloensis, H.AM.231, H.AM.1221

Am. glossophyllus, H.AM.242, H.AM.1102

Am. konjac (small leaflets, handsome clones), H.AM.251, H.AM.304

Am. albispathus, H.AM.257, H.AM.788, H.AM.857

Am. longituberosus, H.AM.289

Am. opertus, H.AM.309

Am. margaritifer, H.AM.331, H.AM.422

Am. bulbifer, H.AM.412

Am. swynnertonii, H.AM.447, H.AM.448, H.AM.959, H.AM.960

Am. carneus, H.AM.464

Am. konjac, H.AM.613

Am. brevispathus, H.AM.673, H.AM.674

Am. putii, H.AM.697, H.AM.925, H.AM.972

Am. sumawongii, H.AM.712, H.AM.714, H.AM.845, H.AM.958

Am. symonianus, H.AM.719, H.AM.720, H.AM.724, H.AM.725, H.AM.728, H.AM.934

Am. hottae, H.AM.915

Am. thaiensis, H.AM.945, H.AM.946, H.AM.1176 (similar to yunnanensis)

Am. amygdaloides, H.AM.969

Am. longiconnectivus, H.AM.1132

Am. albus (Chen Yi, A-103)

Taccarum caudatum (Bolivia, identified by Eduardo Goncalves, quite similar
to T. weddelianum), H.AM.254 (this one I distributed a few years ago as T.
weddellianum; hey, let's face it, taxonomists are a pain in the b...).

Typhonium circinnatum, H.AR.258

Pseudodracontium harmandii, H.AM.258, H.AM.588, H.AM.793

Pseudodracontium latifolium, H.AM.167