Question about water use

I am a new adroid "grower" (said with much optimism--let's see if I can
actually get them to grow!) and was wondering about the type of water used
for them.

I've found that the Anthurium plant I have successfully been able to grow to
luxuriant flowering will only do so if it is given distilled water; it is
very sensitive to any alkalinity, apparently, and our outside tapwater, even
when allowed to sit for a couple of days, is just too much for it, even
though it tests only slightly above neutral, pH-wise.

Has anybody found that the Amorphophallus is similarly sensitive?  If so, I
can anticipate buying my distilled water by the vat during growing season.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--Celeste