Re: [aroid-l] Typhoniums linked to God Numbers

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Typhoniums linked to God Numbers
  • From: "Ron Iles" roniles@eircom.net
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:40:42 -0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Balistrieri, Carlo" <cbalistrieri@nybg.org>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 1:35 PM
Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Typhoniums linked

Egregio Carlo

You wrote under "Typhonium linked"...

....the only righteous indignation I can arouse is when someone doesn't
> follow the rules--or stretches them to the point that logic fails.

logic! Logic!  Running on mono-rails to pre-conceived earthly destinations,
reducing fears of going nowhere or possibility of nasty serenip.   E'en for
your own righteous indignation, why not spiral the rails & bring hot air &
wings for the clockwork train?.

> Whenever I get in a muddle about taxonomic/nomenclatural matters I fall
back on my short list.

not easily boxed unless coloured with smoke?

> 1.  get the best information you can

> 2.  try to understand the reason for the proposed change.

> 3.  just for yucks, form your own opinion and see which side of the fence
> you fall down on.

> 4.  remember that all this stuff is invented by us. NOTHING had a name
until
> man came along.

> 5.  the plants don't care.
>
> 6.  the plants don't care.
>
> 7.  the plants don't care.

ah, wow, wee.. those are all words.  All  of my plants have happy names like
that & when people call them bad names they droop.  They push out bad bad
labels with their roots at night & you find them miles away later.  If they
don't like your name on the label they make it fade quick whatever ink or
pencil you use.   Plants don't care what they are called?   Well, I ask you!

How many times?  Plants CARE!

Anyway, in a computer democracy, plants should have God numbers which go on
for ever not posh first names & surnames like 'umans, illogical.

Wilbert & friends your work is brill.   I hate taxonomy

Ron