Re: [aroid-l] markers

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] markers
  • From: Krzysztof Kozminski kk@kozminski.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:29:13 -0800

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 10:11 AM, Iza & Carol Goroff wrote:

Over the years I have developed a very permanent low cost labeling system,
involving the use of a computer and a b/w laser printer. I buy polycarbonate
plastic pieces from a plastic supplier who also does the cutting. These are
7.5" long by 5/8" wide by 1/8" thick, with one end cut diagonally for easy
insertion into the ground or potting medium. I also buy 9 X 12" sheets of
"Cleer Adheer", made by C-Line Products, Inc., clear Mylar with an adhesive
backing. Each sheet is cut to make two 6 X 9" sheets. The plant names and other
information (e.g. source and date planted) are printed onto one 1/2 sheet with
the laser printer. That is covered with the other 1/2 sheet. The cost is less
than $0.50/label.
This sounds rather expensive. I just got a box of all-metal (galvanized wire with zinc nameplates) labels from Paw-Paw Everlast Label Co at $0.17/label. I expect them to last forever. They have a website: http://www.everlastlabel.com/ with more details.

KK
-----
http://www.kozminski.com/
"Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall the Universe and reboot." - T.Pratchett