[aroid-l] IAS Members Update

  • Subject: [aroid-l] IAS Members Update
  • From: <amh@ieee.org>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 08:59:15 -0800

Hi there folks,

Albert Huntington, here. Somewhat newly elected president of the International Aroid Society.

Those of you who are not members, or those of you who are wondering what the society does, please get over to http://www.aroid.org/ and educate/sign yourselves up.

In an attempt to improve communication with the membership, I intend to write periodic updates such as this one with information for members of the IAS regarding the status of various projects, the publications and available membership services.

** The "December" newsletter ( 25-4 ) has finally been mailed. We apologize for the delay - the combination of a year-end rush at the printer, a new volunteer graphic designer, and some personal issues resulted in our being at least a month late. We expect to be back on track with the next issue in March.

** Aroideana should be in every member's hands by now. If you have not received it, or the newsletter, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, and I will arrange to have a duplicate copy sent. I can be reached at amh@ieee.org .

** There is a membership directory database available in the member's area of www.aroid.org . Some members have requested a printed directory be published as well, and we are preparing to print a short run. If you would like a copy, please let me know.

** The board is has selection of a guest speaker for this year's IAS banquet on the agenda. If you have an opinion or an idea, please let me or another board member know. Would you like to see a particular genus covered? Would you like a more or a less technical talk? Let your board of directors know.

** Want to volunteer some time to the IAS? Have ideas about what the IAS should be doing? Interested in joining the board next year? Send me an e-mail, and I'll try to get you taken care of.

Please remember - replying to this message directly will get it sent back to Aroid-L, not to me or the board member of your choice.