Re: [aroid-l] O.T. (was A. spruceanum)

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] O.T. (was A. spruceanum)
  • From: "ron iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:42:08 -0000

Sorry, Rand/Randolph?

South of Hadrians Wall, my recently deceased beloved Uncle was called Rxxxx
(Randolph) but I take your point & apologise for the aberrrrrration (Scots
prounciation) & my inadvertently conceived, over-familiarly perceived &
therefore disrespectfully received use of the accolade for You.   At least
it was not a diminutive like my name sometimes is in Gaelic Ireland.  It
seems that there is sometimes a need to understand the true meaning &
significances of local colloquialisms as an extension of our respect for all
Life like that which lives North of Mason-Dixie & South of the 49th Parallel
& even little pixie pinkies under threat of smoosh by Lexmark Saskwach in
the Great White North.

Ah, the feel, the smell, the taste & smell of words which conjure magic &
push the limits of earthbound maginations!!

Ronnie Og (Am I klonked again or is it a manic smoosh this time?)