Re: [aroid-l] 2 things

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] 2 things
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid (prive)" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 05:24:01 +0100

> Thanks Lord P,
> As to the Spathantheum fallax dormancy storage; how cool is cool?
> Refrigerator cool (38F), garage cool (45F) or basement cool (60F)?
> (Certainly not winter cool -2F) And since it just recently
> went dormant it
> may be a bit before it starts to grow again.

I could answer this if you wouldn't use the darn middle-age Fahrenheit,
milady!

But I can tell you how we Europeans indicate temps: cool is between 5 - 15
Celsius (at least in summer it is). Anything below that is cold and above it
is.......well, I dunno. If you have a room/space with a stable temp I would
choose anything between 10 and 20 Celsius for the Spathantheum. The lower,
the longer it will stay dormant but it will finally break dormancy on its
own. Here that is usually around early to late February. I do not
immediately pot it because this is rather early and there isn't much light
around. So I leave it to suffer a little and usually plant when the bud is
about 3 cm long (does "centimeter" ring a bell??).

Cheerio
Lord P