Re: [aroid-l] Permits- THANKS!

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Permits- THANKS!
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:20:14 -0600

Thanks to everyone who replied on line and privately!
I thought I read somewhere I needed an agent at customs, that part confused
me!
Of course, I can't remember where I found that.......

Susan

It was my understanding that a customs broker is needed only for larger (e.g.commercial) shipments.

I have an import permit and used to be able to bring a number of things back from my various trips, including items of interest that I might find in the local markets and gifts from other horticulturists. Unfortunately, with the recent enforcement of the requirement for a phytosanitary certificate, this is no longer possible.

--
Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin