hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
New Trillium species discovered

Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

RSS story archive

Re: [aroid-l] Permits- THANKS!

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Permits- THANKS!
  • From: Betsy Feuerstein <ecuador@midsouth.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:09:14 -0600


You need both a permit and a customs forwarding broker when you come into the
USA from a foreign country. The permit you get ahead of time. The broker you
contact when you come back into the USA. You need them to take your plants to
the place where they will be inspected by agriculture. Like in Miami it is the
smokehouse. Like coming into any of the NY airports, plants have to be taken to
Hoboken. They are not cheap. And most are not very good when it comes to small
shipments coming into the US. They do the big commercial orders first and then
if there is time, they get to you. If you have to leave the plants at the
entering location, the broker can forward the plants to you after they have
passed agricultural inspection.

Hope this helps.....


"Bryant, Susan L." wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who replied on line and privately!
> I thought I read somewhere I needed an agent at customs, that part confused
> me!
> Of course, I can't remember where I found that.......
> Susan
> -----Original Message-----
> From: aroid-l-owner@lists.ncsu.edu
> [mailto:aroid-l-owner@lists.ncsu.edu]On Behalf Of G. D. M.
> Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 1:06 AM
> To: aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu
> Subject: [aroid-l] Permits
> Try this:  http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ppq/permits/  Their offices even have a
> toll free number 1-877-770-5990!  Gary

Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index

 © 1995-2017 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement