Re: [aroid-l] Permits- THANKS!

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Permits- THANKS!
  • From: Betsy Feuerstein <ecuador@midsouth.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 11:09:14 -0600

Susan,

You need both a permit and a customs forwarding broker when you come into the
USA from a foreign country. The permit you get ahead of time. The broker you
contact when you come back into the USA. You need them to take your plants to
the place where they will be inspected by agriculture. Like in Miami it is the
smokehouse. Like coming into any of the NY airports, plants have to be taken to
Hoboken. They are not cheap. And most are not very good when it comes to small
shipments coming into the US. They do the big commercial orders first and then
if there is time, they get to you. If you have to leave the plants at the
entering location, the broker can forward the plants to you after they have
passed agricultural inspection.

Hope this helps.....

Betsy