[aroid-l] help with pollination

  • Subject: [aroid-l] help with pollination
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" <mmarcotr@email.smith.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:41:24 -0500

Hi aroiders:

My variegated A. konjac 'Shattered Glass' is flowering for the first
time. Even the spathe is variegated rosy red and purple.

I wanted to get seed from it by crossing it with other cultivars (using
it as the female) but it is about a week ahead of my other clones.

Can I self-pollinate it?

Can I save pollen just in case I want to cross it as a male?

Any instructions on pollination are helpful.

To see its image go to

Michael Marcotrigiano
Director, Smith College Botanic Garden

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College
Lyman Conservatory, 15 College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
"Art is the unceasing effort to compete with
     the beauty of flowers and never succeeding."
          Marc Chagall