[aroid-l] Amorphs & friends distribution: DO NOT REPLY VIA AROID-L !!!!!!!!

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Amorphs & friends distribution: DO NOT REPLY VIA AROID-L !!!!!!!!
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid (prive)" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:05:12 +0100

Peoples and friends,

below is the list of tuberous goodies we have this year to distribute to you
Amorphophiles. Those of you sho like climbing aroids and non-tuberous ground
dwelling species are not allowed to order............. This is for the happy
few with good taste in plants......... :-)

The variety is o.k. but the numbers are not too high this year. I had to
move the collection to my new job (Wageningen Botanical Gardens) and in
order to keep this whole operation to certain limits, I already gave away
quite some material to people who could pick them up themselves in Leiden
(that's the joy of living in or near to the Netherlands........).

Most material are offsets, some rather small because that goes with the
species. Cannot help that.

The usual instructions are at the bottom of this message. Newbies to this:
PLEASE read those instructions carefully.

All species can be found on their respective pages on the IAS website, so
you can see if you like them. Am. operculatus was just published in the most
recent Aroideana issue.

As usual I will try to please everybody with something but never expect to
get all that you order. I'll distribute material evenly over the orders. Of
course, if you are only interested in one or a few and they are few in
numbers, you may have to wait another year....... :-(

Surplus 2004

	Amorphophallus	abyssinicus	H.AM.	1227
	Amorphophallus	abyssinicus	H.AM.	1228
	Amorphophallus	abyssinicus	H.AM.	1226
	Amorphophallus	abyssinicus	H.AM.	66
	Amorphophallus	albispathus	H.AM.	19
	Amorphophallus	albispathus	H.AM.	788
	Amorphophallus	albus	H.AM.	356
	Amorphophallus	albus	H.AM.	1222
	Amorphophallus	ankarana	H.AM.	48
	Amorphophallus	carneus	H.AM.	464
	Amorphophallus	cicatricifer	H.AM.	368
	Amorphophallus	declinatus	H.AM.	1007
	Amorphophallus	dunnii	H.AM.	798
	Amorphophallus	excentricus	H.AM.	867
	Amorphophallus	excentricus	H.AM.	184
	Amorphophallus	glossophyllus	H.AM.	242
	Amorphophallus	haematospadix	H.AM.	114
	Amorphophallus	henryi	H.AM.	271
	Amorphophallus	henryi	H.AM.	234
	Amorphophallus	henryi	H.AM.	268
	Amorphophallus	interruptus	H.AM.	522
	Amorphophallus	konkanensis	H.AM.	1132
	Amorphophallus	konkanensis	H.AM.	1131
	Amorphophallus	konkanensis	H.AM.	1134
	Amorphophallus	koratensis	H.AM.	1074
	Amorphophallus	krausei	H.AM.	91
	Amorphophallus	krausei	H.AM.	130
	Amorphophallus	krausei (cf.)	H.AM.	40
	Amorphophallus	lewallei	H.AM.	20
	Amorphophallus	longituberosus	H.AM.	276
	Amorphophallus	muelleri	H.AM.	502
	Amorphophallus	muelleri	H.AM.	597
	Amorphophallus	napalensis	H.AM.	227
	Amorphophallus	operculatus	H.AM.	994
	Amorphophallus	paeoniifolius	H.AM.	232
	Amorphophallus	prainii	H.AM.	196
	Amorphophallus	putii	H.AM.	696
	Amorphophallus	smithsonianus	H.AM.	216
	Amorphophallus	swynnertonii	H.AM.	959
	Amorphophallus	swynnertonii	H.AM.	960
	Amorphophallus	symonianus	H.AM.	934
	Amorphophallus	symonianus	H.AM.	942
	Amorphophallus	symonianus	H.AM.	728
	Amorphophallus	taurostigma	H.AM.	38
	Amorphophallus	taurostigma	H.AM.	27
	Amorphophallus	variabilis	H.AM.	24
	Amorphophallus	verticillatus	H.AM.	884
	Amorphophallus	yuloensis	H.AM.	231
	Amorphophallus	yuloensis	H.AM.	250
	Amorphophallus	yuloensis	H.AM.	286
	Amorphophallus	yunnanensis	H.AM.	157

	Gorgonidium	vermicidum	s.n.
	Gorgonidium	vermicidum	H.AR.	93

	Hapaline	sp.	H.AR.	56

	Pseudodracontium	fallax	H.AM.	164
	Pseudodracontium	harmandii	H.AM.	147
	Pseudodracontium	harmandii	H.AM.	404
	Pseudodracontium	lacourii	H.AM.	139
	Pseudodracontium	lacourii	H.AM.	163
	Pseudodracontium	lacourii	H.AM.	245
	Pseudodracontium	lacourii	H.AM.	209
	Pseudodracontium	macrophyllum	H.AM.	178
	Pseudodracontium	sp.	H.AM.	730

	Pycnospatha	arietina	H.AR.	187
	Pycnospatha	palmata	H.AR.	216

	Spathantheum	fallax	H.AR.	251
	Spathantheum	intermedium	H.AR.	130
	Spathantheum	orbignyanum	H.AR.	263

A few policy remarks

- the list contains plant names, often with clone numbers. If you
want a particular clone of a species (because you already had another one
from an earlier distribution and want to play with the naughty bits to get
seed.....), please mention the clone number with the species name. If you
want a clone, any clone, don't indicate a number.

- the tubers will be sent with phytosanitary certificates unless the US
orders are distributed from within the US.

- the tubers will be sent with the clone numbers, whether you requested a
particular clone or not. PLEASE, try to keep the clone number with your
plant on a label. There may come a time, when all of our collection freezes
over and I may have to ask your help to build it up again......(your WORST
nightmare, I know!).

- my paying policy hasn't changed, so here it is again. I am not asking
particular amounts of money for species, so rarity etc. doesn't matter. What
I ask you to pay, is what you yourself think the ordered plants are worth
for you, and please, DO include your own financial state-of-affairs in your
considerations. If you don't have much to spend, then don't. I'm happy that
you get these freaky plants.  If you have plants to swap in return, that's
fine, I'll be waiting for the offer.......

- do NOT pay before you get your plants. Then decide if everything is o.k.
Subtract from the estimated amount the plants that were DOA (and please,
mention this to me).

- paying: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, NO cheques or anything like it (incl.
money orders or what not). I only accept cash in an envelope. I know, this
is not the most secure way, but the hassle I have with cashing cheques is
beyond your imagination. It also costs a damn lot of money to do it. As if
banks didn't have enough of that stuff. So, don't even consider to do it or
ask me,
the answer is "no"!, ONLY cash. Thus far it has worked perfectly this way.

My postal address:

Wilbert Hetterscheid
Chrysantenstraat 28
1214 BM Hilversum

- direct all orders and related electronic correspondence to:

- PLEASE include your postal address in your ordering email. This has often
been forgotten in the past and that is a horror for the admin people. No
address, no plants.

- the CLOSING CEREMONY for this distribution is set on the 15th OF MARCH!!!!
ANY order coming in later, will only be rewarded with
left-overs, if there are any at all. (Hell, even I don't know what
constitutes a "left-over" in Amorphophallus............).

- I assume that the shipping will start some two or three weeks after the
closing date. Please indicate if your climate is a danger to the plants in
that period. I don't think we can avoid sending them but maybe you have an
alternative address. If not, don't order. We cannot keep the plants here for
too long because they will wake up and deteriorate.

- print out or keep this entire message because I am not going to repeat
things in individual messages.

- when you order by using the reply key, please "cut the crap", meaning, cut
out all my statements above and stick to the list, your postal adress and
what you have to say yourself. Thanks.