Re: [Aroid-l] The flowers of ZZ

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] The flowers of ZZ
  • From: "Abrimaal Svartvinter" abrimaal@o2.pl
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:58:54 +0100

Thanks to all for answers.
By mistake I added the link to a page in an "unidentified" language, sorry, the correct link (to the same page in English) is below:
I bought this one in 2002 in a local garden shop, it was 55 cm (almost 2 ft) tall then. Now the leaves are about 120 cm long (4 ft), but the longest ones aren't standing vertically, they're curved down. I'm growing it indoors, at home and I don't care a lot for any special conditions.
This URL will tell you how the inflorescence behaved and there's no possibility of self-pollination, because when the male flowers began to produce pollen, the female ones had hid the stigmata. There should be at least 2 inflorescences blooming in an interval of 2-3 days.