Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Philodendron List

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Philodendron List
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster webmaster@baumfarn.at
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:21:40 +0100

Hi Joe,
I agree only partlialy with you.
Artificial cultures and collections could never preserve was is free grown and living in nature. Esspecially is this true for the worlds rainforests: tropical, cloud and temperate rainforest. Many plants and animals living in a high specialized symbiosis to each other. What happen if weaken one link of a chain?
Most of the nature destruction is the conclusion of purblinded ravenousness. Particularly our so called western-civilized world is the driving force for this destruction.
We have to save and protect the habitats, probably we can do this in encourage native people to carefully collect seeds for us in moderation.

Without plants there wouldn't have been any living on this planet. Without plants there will be no further living on this planet.

greetings Peter

Wrig14@aol.com wrote:
This should be a call to arms for all aroiders.  World recognition of rapidly shrinking habitats for flora and fauna should be a wake up call for seed propagation by serious collectors and growers.  There are no age limitations for those who have not tried setting seed and hybridizing.  Our richest gene pool of plant species are within collections.  We need  to  preserve and enhance  them because very soon ther will be little to be offerd for scientists and growers alike.  Joe.  .