[Aroid-l] Lurker steps forward

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Lurker steps forward
  • From: Kirk Martin kwmartin@earthlink.net
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:18:35 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Thanks for the invitation!!! Will do...

Allow me to take yet another opportunity to ask all of you lurkers, readers
of this aroid-l, to take this chance and to join the International Aroid
Society NOW, without your support and membership dollars this wonderful
organisation can not exist, and we are at present in urgent need of new
memberships.

Hello eveyone,

This is my first post.  My name is Kirk Martin from Fitchburg Massachusetts and have been "lurking" for about 2 months.  I'm the proud parent of a Amorphophallus konjac (which is currently sending up a 1.5' stalk from it's 8" tuber that I hope is a flower).  I've had the plant for 3 years now and it never ceases to amaze me with it's color, form and size.
I'm intrigued by all plants and have been involved with carnivorous plants for a number of years but after being given the A. konjac by a friend, I'm hooked.  I'm curious to learn more about these amazing plants and how to grow them even better.  I'd also like to learn places to obtain different species in the future.
Look forward to hearing your growing stories.

Kirk