[Aroid-l] Achieved certification to ship aroids to AZ and CA

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Achieved certification to ship aroids to AZ and CA
  • From: "Tropicals" Tropicals@SolutionsAnalysis.net
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:11:42 -0500

Hello all; we are so pleased to announce we can now ship to all 50 states and Internationally.  We thank Gary Meltzer for supplying links and encouraging us to apply for the USDA import certification.  And, we thank the IAS and aroid-l membership for support, recommendations and encouragement which led to the most recent certification which allows shipping to Arizona and California, the 2 pickiest Departments of Agriculture in the States.  Hawaii, of course, has its NO SOIL requirement as do AZ and CA.

Assembling the required list of genus and species of ALL plants we could possibly ship in the next year, was the most difficult task of the process.  Our soil tests for nematode presence, required by CA all came back negative.  This is a very good thing; now we only have to spend an additional 15 minutes per package to include all the required papers and document the contents <smile>.  Similar to the international shipping requirements; but without the $50 phyto-sanitary certificate.  If the plant is not on the list, then it must include the phyto.  We have learned a great deal; it was well worth the time and expenses in order to avoid sending noxious weeds or any pests that could devour an entire country’s food crops!

If anyone has questions about the processes of International or US plant shipments; just write us, we are happy to assist.

Christian and Bill

AlterNative Solutions

Aroid-l mailing list