[Aroid-l] Shipping plants into Arizona UPDATE

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Shipping plants into Arizona UPDATE
  • From: "Tropicals" Tropicals@SolutionsAnalysis.net
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:33:51 -0500

Our ‘respected’ head of the Florida Department of Agriculture just phoned to make a verbal retraction/amendment from a written document. We feel this warrants notification and retraction to aroid-l members for a part of our earlier shipping statements.

Be it known that the State of Arizona requires the phyto-sanitary certificate to accompany ALL interstate and international shipments coming in.  Now you should understand why we were so elated with the previous announcement; believing this had been waived.  We remain very pleased for CA residents, not with the Arizona regulation.  I’m sure the AZ members already know this, it is intended for the rest of us.

Suffice it to say in our words, all AZ residents receiving plant or plant parts shipments could rent a PO Box in an adjoining state for less than the mandatory $50 phyto-sanitary certificate to accompany each shipment arriving from another state <joke>.

Christian and Bill

AlterNative Solutions

www.SolutionsAnalysis.net