Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Philodendron List

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Re: Philodendron List
  • From: "Dany Hervelle" bs246466@skynet.be
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:04:08 +0100

Hi Joe and friends
I share your view of this...
Unfortunatly,the natural habitat isdown grading step by step,
and if of course we have to do all what we can to stop
this,we probably don't be able to do it really..!Money today have all the rights ..So if laterally collectors can do a
preservation work with personal collection,lot of species probably will be saving as they probably not in the natural habitat.Of course i prefer see an aroid growing in the deep forest,but i prefer see it in a greenhouse that don't see it anymore.If you see plants like aroid,how many peoples are really interesting about them?I really wonder if we are really more than a thousand....when i say 'interesting',i want to say people who want to grow many aroid,not only the few
commercialy plants in the market!. Iamagine that a really rare plant is present in 10% of the collection(that is a highly unprobable average,because too high!),what mean only 100 plants out of the nature?I really think that our work is a conservatory work.
Dany hervelle
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Aroid-l mailing list