Re: [Aroid-l] Intrageneric crossing - a good reference

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Intrageneric crossing - a good reference
  • From: hermine hermine@endangeredspecies.com
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:55:45 -0800

At 12:01 AM 1/30/2006, Peter Boyce wrote:

Just to make you even MORE scared, most people don't even put Sanseveria in the Liliaceae any more...

THIS IS HERESY. I do not even want to HEAR about this.

What frustrates me about all the efforts expended on family shuffling & debating is that, e.g., c. 65% of the aroids of Borneo have yet to receive even ONE name!
well, it just goes to show that agreement is getting rare!
2/3rds of the names for Palms commonly grown in gardens, have changed entirely since a book listing them, published in 1947.
A person almost asks, what is the POINT?

One of the other things I ponder is why is Clivia listed as a bulb?

Aroid-l mailing list