Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron 'joepii' at auction, Sept. 2005

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron 'joepii' at auction, Sept. 2005
  • From: Ron Kaufmann kaufmann@sandiego.edu
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:16:01 -0800

    On a related subject, does anyone know where this plant originated and whether the species has been described?  So far as I can tell,  "Philodendron joepii" has not been published formally.  I believe that plants of this species also have been distributed with a collection number of 69686a from the Missouri Botanical Garden.

    Thanks!

Ron Kaufmann

Julius Boos wrote:
Dear Friends,

Does anyone know who donated the plant of Philodendron 'joepii' which I auction off at the IAS Show and sale at Fairchild Gardens in Sept., 2005??   For what I understand it was a last-minitue donation, as it does not show up on the records that were kept of the auction.   Someone has suggested that Steve and Marie Knock, or Denis Rotolante may have been the kind persons who donated this wonderful plant which, from memory, brought in some fairly high bids.
I look forward to any information provided.

Thanks and Good Growing!

Julius Boos
WPB,  FLORIDA