RE: [Aroid-l] auction, Sept. 2005

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] auction, Sept. 2005
  • From: "Bryant, Susan L." SLBryant@scj.com
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 07:27:12 -0600

Betsy, I agree with you 100%.  Denis sent my package, so a big (and belated) thank you!

I've taken advantage of both parts of the auction- I've attended the auction in person, and last year I bid online since I couldn't make it to Miami.  I've seen how much work it is for those running the auction- from trying to keep track of which plants are being bid on, doing the bidding for the online folk, keeping track of who won what and how much they owe, and collecting and collating the monies.  It's a huge task which would probably be much easier without the online bidding, which is why I appreciate them sharing the opportunity to obtain these special and rare oddities.

So from the bottom of my heart, thanks Tricia Frank!  Also thank the people that helped you, probably Albert, who DID email me to let me know which plants I won.
I take full responsibility for my tardy payment.  Ain't no ones fault but me!!
Susan

 those who take it on to mail out some of these auction plants deserve much gratitude.  ......  So while we are at it, let's give a big thanks to those unknown  individuals who take on this task. They deserve to be thanked for all they do because they do a huge favor so that those not at the auction have an opportunity to obtain rare and unusual stuff offered only at the auction.

Just my opinion,
Betsy