[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum goes Hollywood

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus titanum goes Hollywood
  • From: Steve Marak samarak@gizmoworks.com
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:13:21 -0600 (CST)

I'm impressed by how little television the members of Aroid-L watch ... no one
has mentioned the mention of Amorphophallus titanum on CBS's "Crime Scene
Investigation" last night.

My attention was drawn from my computer by the words "amorphophallus titanum"
(though not pronounced the way I normally hear it said) to see a shot of a
plant tag for, indeed, "Amorphophallus titanum". Since it was germane to the
plot, they even remarked on a common name of "rotting corpse flower".

There was nothing in sight that looked remotely like a real A. titanum, of
course, or any amorphophallus, but hey, it's a mention of an aroid on the
number one show on prime time television here in the US - can "The Great Aroid
Movie" be far behind?

Steve

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com