Re: [Aroid-l] Helicodiceros potting

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Helicodiceros potting
  • From: Geoffrey Kibby <fieldmycol@yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:16:24 +0000

Hi Peter,

I have uploaded three photos to my webspace, they can be accessed by going to: http://members.aol.com/Helicodiceros.jpghttp://members.aol.com/Helicodiceros2.jpg and http://members.aol.com/Helicodiceros4.jpg

Please note that there is NO www. in the address, also make sure there is no forward slash after the .jpg.

The smell was quite revolting, very strong of excrement (dog) but fairly short-lived. The plant grew throughout November-January outdoors in temperatures around 35-50 degrees Farenheit and flowered this week (it is still in flower) so it is obviously quite tough. Very attractive in a gruesome sort of way..... the spadix has these amazing stiff, slightly curled bristles all over it. Theory is that it resembles the back end of a dead animal, tail and all—cute! Certainly smells like one.

Best wishes,