[Aroid-l] Philodendron Daguense or Verricosum

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Philodendron Daguense or Verricosum
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:21:28 -0500

I have been interested in growing and collecting all velvet forms of philodendrons and forms with the hairy petiole. This past year at the aroid show I got one form from Ecuador that looked similar to Verricosum but is not exactly the same. While on ebay I noticed a old print with the name Daguense that looked very similar to what I am growing. I am wondering if these are the same species just different forms of if they are different enough that Dauguense is considered a separate species. They can easily be told apart by looking at them. Here is a link of both verricosum and what I believe to be Dauguense as well as the old print? I am guessing Dr Croat might be the best best one to pick on for this?

Aroid-l mailing list