[Aroid-l] "minature" M. deliciosa??

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] "minature" M. deliciosa??
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 21:42:58 +0000

Dear All,

A question--what is the status of the existence of a true 'minature' clone of Monstera deliciosa, and what, it it does exist, are the measurements of a MATURE leaf of this mimature????? I THINK I remember a discussion on this back when we exchanged ideas about the non-existence of the 'red-varigated' clone of the same species which, I believe, turned out to be a photo-shopped/modified picture of the white-varigated variety of this species. I THINK I recall someone saying that the common and BIG clone of this was a selection from the wild, and if one went back to the area where this plant occured in Coastal Mexico, one would have difficulty in finding such a large clone, most wild plants of this species were substantially smaller that the big one we see everywhere in cultivation Worldwide.
Any information would be welcome!

Good Growing!

Aroid-l mailing list