RE: [Aroid-l] "minature" M. deliciosa??

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] "minature" M. deliciosa??
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:50:43 -0600

Dear Julius:

	The large, heavily perforated form of Monstera deliciosa I have
seen only in central Chiapas at Uspanapa, growing on limestone outcrops.
As one procedes south the blades are typically smaller and often are not
perforate at all.  I do have a Monstera collected in Honduras that has
consistently small leaves is, I believe, a close relative to Monstera

Tom Croat, P. A. Schulze Curator of Botany
Missouri Botanical Garden
Box 299, St. Louis, Missouri 63116
(314) 577-5163
Please send images to our FTP Server.