Xanthosoma names .

  • Subject: Xanthosoma names .
  • From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:06:36 +1000

I have found a list of names compiled by the University of Melbourne in Victoria , Australia .
They have used information from GRIN/NPGS , buit the lists differ slightly .
One species I am interested in , as I am growing it .. is what has been known as
 Xanthosoma jacquinii 'lineatum'  , it is missing from the GRIN database and is supposed to be a syn. for X.undipes and X.sagittifolium on the other database .
Also in cultivation in Australia is X.blandum , I found the name in the great book ;
  'The Tropical Plants of R.Burle Marx'  it is listed as a synonym of X.poeppigii .
Any one disagree with these lists ?

Michael Pascall,

Check our comprehensive Salary Centre Overpaid or Underpaid?
Aroid-L mailing list