Re: Anthurium plowmanii

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium plowmanii
  • From: "Tere Baber" <growit7@windstream.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:45:15 -0600

Did you google it or check ecuag.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:53 AM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Anthurium plowmanii

I'm curious if any of you have good photos of Anthurium plowmanii? I just finished the page on this species and got good photos from both Enid Offolter at Natural Selections Exotics and LariAnn Garner of Aroidia Research but since there are so many variations in this plant I'd love to have a few more good ones to add to the page to illustrate variation. My specimen came directly from Dr. Croat and was donated to IAS for sale at the 2007 IAS aroid show in Miami.  At this time it is still young, my guess would be around 2 years old and it hasn't fully filled out as Anthurium plowmanii is known to do. According to Dr. Croat's scientific treatment the plant produces leaves close to 2 meters (over 6 feet) in nature.

Here's the link to the new page, but if you've got good photos, especially of a spathe and spadix, I'd really like to be able to consider them. You can post them here and specify I have your permission to use them or send them directly to my email address which can be found at the bottom of the homepage of my website.

Thanks!

Steve Lucas