Re: OT: id this non-aroid plant?

  • Subject: Re: OT: id this non-aroid plant?
  • From: "mossytrail" <mossytrail@hctc.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:05:36 -0800

> I've now found a couple of other pictures and I agree with
> Jonathan - this  looks like a wonderful plant. I love
> gesneriads and this looks like one I  want to grow, along
> with several others in the genus I ran across during  my
> earlier searches.
>
> Steve

Speaking of Costa Rican plants from the vicinity of Arenal,
I would love to get my hands on Peperomia hernandiifolia.

I don't suppose you have any pics of AROIDS from there?  I
remember some huge Xanthosoma, as in taller than I, with a
banana-like trunk.  It was undescribed at the time, but I
think it may have been described by now.

Jason "hernandiifolia"(i.e., Hernandez)
Naturalist-at-Large