Re: Alocasia reticulata??

  • Subject: Re: Alocasia reticulata??
  • From: Scott Hyndman <hyndman@aroid.org>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:36:48 -0500

Steve,

When I first saw this Alocasia at the now long ago closed Fantastic Gardens nursery of Miami in 1981 it was sold as Alocasia zebrina cv Reticulata.

Scott

On Feb 28, 2008, at 12:10 PM, ExoticRainforest wrote:

This specimen was given to me by collector Teri Baber with the tag "Alocasia reticulata". However, even though I've found this plant on the web with that name, I cannot find a species with the name on any of the botanical sources. Would one of you Alocasia experts out there tell me if this is a species or possibly a hybrid? I'm also curious if the name possibly originated in one of Graf's books. If it is a species, what is the correct name. And if the name Alocasia reticulata is a hybrid name can someone direct me to the source? It appears to resemble Alocasia zebrina but I can't be certain.

Thanks!

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com

GIF image