Re: Wikipedia`s falsehoods

Consider referring to any of the sources I listed a few days ago.  All are from scientific sources and if you follow the method I outlined on using Dr. Croat's field notes from TROPICOS in my previous note you'll get the best information possible.  I'm listing the links here again:

TROPICOS which is a service of the Missouri Botanical Garden
http://www.tropicos.org/

The International Aroid Society.  You'll find tons of good info here!
http://www.aroid.org/

The Aroid l Index.  To use this try typing in the name of the plant and then click on all the years.  The system will search for any discussions of that species from the beginning of Aroid l
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Aroid l achieves search.mht

The International Plant Names Index  which is a service of the Royal Botanic Garden Kew in London.  This is considered the ultimate source by many but rarely lists details and only confirms the validity of names.
http://www.ipni.org/index.html

Kew Monocot Checklist.  This site sometimes contains good info about why a plant is a synonym instead of the currently accepted name.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Kew World Monocots Checklist Series.mht

The Kew World Checklist of Selected Plant Families
http://apps.kew.org/wcsp/prepareChecklist.do;jsessionid=D4E7F43755D6B641D

Cate Araceae
http://www.cate-araceae.org/index.do;jsessionid=96982249A0181F1EB1E74E6CEB9841D4

In addition, look up any of the major botanical garden websites.  Sometimes you will find the information you need.

Of course, you should add all of Dr. Croat's journals on Philodendron, Anthurium and other genera you are interested in learning about to you library.   Be certain you own a copy of Deni Bown's book Aroids, Plants of the Arum Family.  One of the ultimate scientific source books is The Genera of Araceae by Mayo, Bogner and Boyce.  Many of you often read Pete Boyce's material right here!   Julius and I both depend on that text heavily since you can learn very detailed info that is rarely available in other sources.
You can order just about all of these from the IAS.

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com

E.Vincent Morano wrote:
any idea's on where to find an unbiased source?