Re: Aroids in the Movies

  • Subject: Re: Aroids in the Movies
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:22:29 +0000

Dear Ted,

Most interesting!  Was the Anthurium bloom a ''typical'' A. andreanum bloom (Hawaiian "special") or perhaps a wax mock-up?
I too tend to take note of plants used as back-drops in movies, and am amazed at the Sabal palms in Viet Nam, and all the cultivated palm species, vining Monstera and Philodendron, Alocasias and other genera of aroids, etc. which seem so very common, even feral on all these many film sets! :--)

The Best,