Re: Failed Amorphophallus Bloom

  • Subject: Re: Failed Amorphophallus Bloom
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:35:54 +0100

So, the temperature is ok. I observed failing of the inflorescences when it was below 50-55F in my Zantedeschias growing outdoors. Houseplants can fail to bloom when it's below 60F, Anthurium cultivars even below 63F. My Amorphophallus plants depending on a species bloomed in 58-80F.
Looking again at your photos I can tell it was planted too shallow. This may be the reason - it could have weak roots or a lack of them.

Marek