Re: Thorns at anubiases

  • Subject: Re: Thorns at anubiases
  • From: dloginov@ineos.ac.ru
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:19:03 -0000 (UTC)

Dear Peter,

This error in terms is probably caused by features of transfer between
Russian and English. In Russian such epidermal outgrowths are called as
thorns. Indeed, I found in the literature that J. Bogner named them as
prickles, but he does not write about their role. I have only few
knowledge about others Aroids. Therefore, could You tell me about a role
of such prickles in Anubias?

Best regards,

Dmitry Loginov