Re: FW: [MOBOT'S QUARANTINE] Philodendron angustilobum

  • Subject: Re: FW: [MOBOT'S QUARANTINE] Philodendron angustilobum
  • From: Ron Kaufmann <kaufmann@sandiego.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:13:21 -0800

Hi Tom et al.,

    I have seen this plant in cultivation with the name "Philodendron species 69686a".  Other than that, I can't offer any insights about its identity or provenance.

Ron

Tom Croat wrote:

Dear Cassia:

            Thanks for your willingness to pass this on to Aroid-L.  As I told you it is not Philodendron angustilobum Croat & Grayum but I have always assumed that this thing came from the Burle-Marx collection.  Perhaps it really is a species but I have always assumed that it was a hybrid, perhaps with P. pedatum.  I am hoping that someone on the list might have more familiarity with this taxon.

Tom