Update on US West Coast Aroid Group

  • Subject: Update on US West Coast Aroid Group
  • From: Dan Levin <levin@pixar.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:47:33 -0800

There was a posting about this on aroid-L a few weeks ago but
to keep everyone informed: we now have a meeting place and
date- and Albert Huntington has very kindly created a special
webpage on the IAS site with complete details:

        http://www.aroid.org/westcoast/

We're on for 1pm Sunday March 8 in the Conference Center at
the UC Botanical Garden, Berkeley.  Recognizing that attendees
at such gatherings are often attracted by the opportunity to obtain
interesting material, several people have already indicated that
they will bring some special things to offer, along what might be
available at the Garden. The proposal was that profits from such
sales go the the Botanical Garden with the understanding they
would help defray the costs of this and future meetings.  So bring
your 'extras' to offer and your 'desires' for more!

Of potential interest: the SF Orchid Society will be hosting their
57th Annual Pacific Orchid Exposition that same weekend; March
5-8 in San Francisco.  For those of you who'd need to travel, this
could make for a mega plant-filled weekend (particularly for those
brandishing big empty suitcase and/ or big empty vehicles...).
http://www.orchidsanfrancisco.org/poe.html

If you can't make it out this time but would still like to be kept in
the loop RE future events, please respond to me directly OFF LIST
at < levin@pixar.com> to let me know of your interest.  Furthermore
please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible March 8th!

   -Dan Levin & Paul Licht

p/s- please consider helping the cause by mentioning this
meeting to everyone you know who might be interested...