Re: Failed Amorphophallus Bloom

  • Subject: Re: Failed Amorphophallus Bloom
  • From: David <onimua@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:53:31 -0500

Marek, It was originally potted fully, however, when I started to notice the flower was beginning to lean over, the petiole was starting to shrink, and the tip was discolored, I dug it up in fear of tuber rot. It never grew roots at all from what I could tell.

Susan, humidity could be a possibility I didn't think of. I am not completely sure what the humidity is, actually, but my A.titanums, A.decus-silvaes and a couple of other species do not seem to mind what it is now. However, what would be a reccomended level if that were the case? 50-75%?

Thanks for the responses.
Aroid-L mailing list