Re: Thorns at anubiases

  • Subject: Re: Thorns at anubiases
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:56:58 EST

Like Tom said,  some of the species of South American Homalomena have prickles or thorns.  My adult sized H. wendlandii have small thorns on their petioles.  Ive seen pics of other species with much larger "thorns"....probably the species Tom mentioned, also from the Neotropics.  Others have almost hairy petioles like the variety of H. picturata that was collected by (I think Betsy?)
BTW Tom,  roughly, how many species of Homalomena occur in the Neotropics?

Michael Mattlage
Aroid-L mailing list