Re: Fw: Please i need id on this Araceae plant

  • Subject: Re: Fw: Please i need id on this Araceae plant
  • From: Deni Bown <denibown@googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 17:20:11 +0000

Dear Marek,
I can't help with the id of the Nigerian species but would agree it's more likely Cercestis if it's in the wild as Syngonium is not native to Nigeria.
Slightly off topic, the mention of medicinal uses makes me wonder if Ogie-Odia Efosa might like to make contact with me (denibown@gmail.com) as I'm in the process of moving to Nigeria and will be working on a project in Ibadan that involves Nigerian medicinal plants.
Please could you forward this if your Nigerian friend doesn't read aroid-l.
Many thanks,