Re: Amorphophallus Dormancy, to store dry or not to store dry...

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus Dormancy, to store dry or not to store dry...
  • From: Hannon <othonna@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 00:02:20 -0800

Jason,

I recommend storing in soil as this will insulate them better than
anything else. Pot up firmly in the smallest container/s practicable,
water well just once and wait for sprouting. Imports may be on a
different schedule so a coaxing watering later in the season may be
called for. The initial watering will "seal in" everything and once
the soil dries it will reduce dehydration, help protect from mealy
bugs, etc. I store all my geophytes in their pots in soil, snug and
sound. Watering dormant corms ONCE should not hurt anything if they
are in good shape and temps are suitable, say 60-70F.

Dylan

--
It is in vain to ruminate upon, or even reflect upon the Authors or
Causes of our present Misfortunes. We should rather exert ourselves to