Re: Amorphophallus Dormancy, to store dry or not to store dry...

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus Dormancy, to store dry or not to store dry...
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 09:37:31 +0100

The hybrid can be stored dry. Polyanthis is a mixed one, sometimes they
accept drought very well, sometimes they tend to shrivel. I would keep it in
soil. Remember too that this species has a strong will to flower immediately
after leaf senescence sets in, sometimes when old leaves are still more or
less present. So when you have a mature specimen, don't withhold watering
when the leaves start to turn yellow. After flowering, it will have to be
kept dry (although every now and then I find that they will thrive again
quite shortly after flowering.......). Hey, Amorphs are easy !!!

Wilbert