Re: Botanist Mike Madison, and now Botanist Tom Gibson

  • Subject: Re: Botanist Mike Madison, and now Botanist Tom Gibson
  • From: Walter Greenwood <waltergreenwood@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:22:15 -0500

So... He left botany for financial reasons and went into farming?
That sounds like just the sort of insane thing I might do! ;-)

Speaking of long-lost botanists and "Madison", does anyone here know
Tom Gibson?  When I knew him in the 80's, he was at U. of Wisconsin,
Madison.  He was into Amorphophallus and Dracontium, and was also one
of the first Americans to succeed in growing Nepenthes rajah.

Christopher Rogers wrote:
> I got a hold of Mike yesterday.  A really nice guy! he quit his academic life to become a farmer. He has asked to be informed about the next West Coast IAS meeting, and plans on attending.

Walter Greenwood
Allison Park, PA
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
Aroid-L mailing list