Re: Aroid-L Digest, Vol 78, Issue 33

have a look at these pages

( You might use a translation service for websites if you can't read German, but the pictures speak for themselves)

And some more here:

I doubt that leaf cuttngs are a efficient method to propagate titanum.

As far as I understand, you need fairly large leaf parts to succeed.

At the Berggarten in Hanover, Germany, I saw some experimants to use leaf cuttings about an inch wide and they failed.

If I see it right you need at least leaf parts 1/2 ft to1 ft ( 15 to 30 cm) long.

On page #2 of the thread in the exoten-forum it is mentionend that the titanum leaf cuttings strayed green for about 13 to 14 month and the first needed 15 month form the start as cutting to grow a new leaf bud from formed tuber.

And you should take into consideration that this was achieved under (warm ans hunid) greenhouse conditions in a botanical garden.

OK, it works, but I would not call that very efficient....

Happy cutting (of leaves), Bernhard.