Re: Off-Topic ebay question

  • Subject: Re: Off-Topic ebay question
  • From: "Sherry Gates" <TheTropix@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:07:43 -0600

Hi Jason and everyone,
  Hope y'all are all doing very well.
I have this answer!  What some of the sellers do is have friends bid their items up higher, then they send out 2nd chance offers to the legitimate bidders that bid "high enough" to please them.  This is one way they get the price driven up.  I know someone that asked me, once!, to do that very thing.. bid their item up, but I wouldn't be accountable for the bid, they'd 2nd chance it to the next highest bidder.  It's a chicken-stuff way to do business.
  As a seller, I can tell you that I was totally P'd OFF.  I went ballistic! Embarrassed smiley emoticon lol  I don't think she sells on ebay anymore, though.    Anyhoo, that's the deal with that practice.
                                        Take care & have a great weekend everyone!