Re: Ecuagenera List

Ron, would you do orchids also or just Aroids?

From: Ron Kaufmann <kaufmann@sandiego.edu>
To: aroid-l@www.gizmoworks.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Ecuagenera List

Hi All,

    I place group orders from Ecuagenera several times a year and am very familiar with their aroid material.  If there's sufficient interest, I'd be happy to coordinate an order and distribute plants to people.  Because I've been coordinating orders with Ecuagenera for a number of years and have visited their nurseries, traveled with them in the field to view aroids, etc., they provide us (the group) with a discount that offsets the cost of transporting the plants from Ecuador to the U.S.  In other words, the group would pay list price + domestic shipping costs (not too high, typically; aroids are relatively light) rather than list price plus the transportation costs from Ecuador (typically $4+ per plant) and domestic shipping.

Ron Kaufmann