Re: Jack in the Pulpit

Hi Linda,

I don't know the specific answer to your question, however, I am certain
that members of the Aroid-L mailing list would.  I can either forward this
to that list (I'm new on it and basically lurk - I think it is a monitored
list - nice people) below are instructions on how to join the list so you
can post your question yourself, if you'd like.  If you are interested in
Arisaema, you really should join the list.  There are also some aroid pages
on the web.  The URL for the International Aroid Society is:

URL for the Arisaema Page is:

Hope this helps, let me know if you want me to cross post for you.

BTW, I grow the common jack-in-the-pulpit, Arisaema triphyllum, and I've
never noticed a variance of sex.  Seems to me that the plants have to reach
a certain age before they flower and set seed and once they start, they
just keep on doing it.  I'm sure there are people on Aroid-L who know a
whole lot more about it than I do, tho'.  Nifty plants, I'm starting to get
more of them - different kinds and trying to grow some besides A.
triphyllum from seed.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade

Aroid-L info
Aroid-L is co-moderated by Steve Marak and Don Burns. The moderators filter
out extraneous messages and other items that do not belong on Aroid-L; some
communications do not aid the dialog and may belong on another list. As
moderators, we will not alter the substance of anyone's post. However, the
subject line may be changed to facilitate ease of searching the log.

Contributions may vary in length. Please sign your name and e-mail address
to each post. Aroid-L asks all subscribers to abide by appropriate
copyright and intellectual property conventions and laws.

TO SUBSCRIBE: send a message to: (no subject). On the
first line of message text type: SUB AROID-L Given Name Surname and
Affiliation (if any).

Enter a subject on the subject line. This is important for searching the
weekly logs for messages relating to a specific subject.