Re: Shipping between US and Canada

Currently we are allowed to import "houseplants' from the US to Canada
without a phyto.  I thought this would be great for when I travel in the
warm south.  I planned to buy the sorts of plants that grow outside in
San Diego but must spend winters in a conservatory in Canada.  I found
that was the wrong interpretation, unfortunately.  What they mean by
houseplants are things that must be grown in greenhouses in their place
of origin.  Maybe just tropicals, then.  And maybe the new regulations
will just apply to places like Monrovia that ship semi-trailer loads of
plants to us.  (an aside:  when I travelled in the Carolinas last year, I
was shocked to see the familiar big M hangtags on most of the plants in
the garden centres - California has a big outreach)

But, I will certainly check to see if this will also apply to garden
tourists who like to choose their own plants.  Thanks, Carlo.