Greetings from Dominica

Hi--this is just a note to introduce myself to the Aroid-L list.  I have been a
member of the Aroid Society for a number of years, but just recently subscribed
to this list.  I have been following your correspondence with interest.

I live on the island of Dominica, which is in the West Indies between Martinique
and Guadeloupe.  I have about 4 acres of rainforest garden on a mountain slope.
 The climate is tropical, and we get about 250" of rain each year.  I have been
collecting native and non-endemic species of aroids, orchids, gingers, begonias
and other types of plants for the past 30 years.  Aroids are a special passion
of mine, and I have been able to successfully grow dozens of species.  However,
an aroid enthusiast who visited Dominica about five years ago gave me a small
plant which he collected in some obscure corner of the island.  I planted it
here, and it is now more than 7 feet tall.  I have been unable to identify this
plant and just recently sent 2 photos to your plant ID site, hoping that someone
can help me identify this plant.

Note to Aroiders:  Dominica is definitely worth a visit!

Anne G. J. Baptiste
Papillote Wilderness Retreat

papillote@tod.dm
http://www.delphis.dm/papillot.htm