Re: anthurium veitchii

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999 wounddr@mail.mia.bellsouth.net wrote:

> At 08:40 PM 1/30/99 -0600, you wrote:
> >I just acquired a. veitchii and was wondering conditions it preferred,
> >maximum and minimum temperatures, soil type, how it is best grown (high
> >humidity?) and best fertilizer, any problems to watch for, etc.
> >I live in Houston, Texas (Zone 9 with hot summers, many days over 95F)  but
> >have a climate controlled greenhouse.
> >Thanking you in advance for your assistance.
> >Peter Lloyd

I saw one in Berkeley, in a very humid greenhouse.  See
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/Araceae/Anthurium/unknown.A.html for a photo of
its habitat in that greenhouse.

> >where did you get the plant, how much, how big? I am interested in getting
> one myself. Thanks
> Richard>

I got mine from http://www.tropiflora.com/, in a 2.5 inch pot.
Apparently quite vigorous, but does not look anything like the one in
Berkeley.  Perhaps it is still very juvenile - the longest leaves are
about 5 inches long.

Krzysztof Kozminski
kk@netgate.net
http://u1.netgate.net/~kk/